WHAT BENEFITS DO I
RECEIVE FOR MY MEMBERSHIP IN NESDA
1 . ANNUAL CONVENTION EACH YEAR IN AUGUST.
NESDA puts on an annual convention each year. At the convention they have; various board meetings. At General Membership meetings all Full Member Representatives have the right to vote for National Offices, or to run for an office.
NESDA Training sessions put on by Electronic Manufacturers including : SONY, MATSUSHITA, RCA/GE, and others. Various Entertainment Features, Good Meals, Good Accommodations, and good companionship.
2. Optional Business, Workman's compensation and Health Insurance plans. (Plans offered by various agencies located all over the U.S. and rates are at a discount.)
3. The Certified Electronic Technician program.
Through the ISCET (International Society of Certified Electronic Technician) division of NESDA. Technicians and shop owners can be tested on their knowledge of Electronics Theory and Service Techniques, or Service Management Techniques, if passed by a required min of at least 75% margin; receives a certificate becoming either a Certified Electronics Technician or a Certified Service Manager.
4. N.E.S.D.A. Book, Publication, VCR Tape, and Computer Program Services.
• NESDA makes available at discount fees such items as:
• VCR Tapes on various topics.
• Books and publications of all types.
• Computer Programs for various facets of Business Management.
5. You have Representation in the Nation's Capitol on Legislative matters concerning us.
The Association keeps up with the latest laws or ordinances to be passed by the US House and Senate which might affect the operation and livelihood of the Service Centers/Technicians across the US.
6. ProService (Professional Service) MAGAZINE.(has been added to NESDA Web page in addition to a print version.)
N.E.S.D.A issues a by - monthly magazine edited by Wallace Harrison. This magazine contains news of happenings Nationally, Service Tips, things that the different members are doing, news of interest to us from NESDA, Manufacturers and, etc.
A recent addition in the last several years, has been the NESDA.net an Electronic (computer) e-mail Service available to all members of NESDA, including Service and Industry. Using this service you can air problems, locate schematics and parts; and other subjects of interest. This service was originally run by Susan Frick - Frick Electronics.
I have been a member of NESDA since 1988, and a Life Member since 1990.